Sunday, August 24, 2008

Record keeping

Now that the MAPS banding season is over I've concentrated on paperwork. All that banding data must go into Bandit and MapsProg and be submitted. I've just completed the records for the spring 2008 season and submitted them to the banding lab. Through early May 2008 I banded 34 species at this station. Next I'll complete putting MAPS records into MapsProg and see if I can export the data over to Bandit. I hope so.

With the end of MAPS the feeders went back up. The birds found them after about a week. Now the usuals are regularly visiting, including at least one 'smart' squirrel and a very 'tame' bunny. WBNU and BHNU are back for the food. Some birds are eating in the blueberry patch but there is no obvious diminution of the supply when we go picking berries.

No comments: